The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- Dog Cat Pet Charms Hot Air Balloon Rhinestone Shirts Black XS (8)
- Flamingo Bali Cage for Parakeets
- HU Pet Bed Corrugated Paper Doublesided Design Sturdy Smooth Threedimensional Folding Multifunction Cat Scratch Board
- KESS InHouse NS2029BDM02 Nandita Singh bluee Motifs Aqua Geometric Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- Mirage Pet Products 12Inch Paris Skyline Screen Print Shirt for Pets, Medium, Red
- Pet Bowl Pet Drinker Not Wet Mouth Small and Medium Pet Food Bowl Puppies Cat Dog Drinking Fountain Feeder Drinking Water Bowl Pet Supplies
- Pet Leash Dog Leash Dog Strap Pet Collar Hyena Rope Dog Leash Small Medium Large Dog Pet Supplies (color Purple, Size L)
- Brown DHCY Pet backpack foldable out carrying bag pu breathable large capacity cat dog bag pet handbag,Brown
- QIQIPET MultiFunctional Cat Bath Cage Double Door Cats Cage Injection Anti Scratch or Bite Recovery with Bath Brush (color B, Size L)
- Coastal Pet 66345 A WDF18 Pet Harness, 3 8-Inch, Wildflower by TV Non-Branded Items (Pets)
- Dean & Tyler D&T WORKS-CH AUTISMDOG PRS-XS Works Harness with Padded Reflective Chest Straps, Autism Dog, X-Small-Fits Girth, 53cm to 66cm, Black
- Brown 1 8\ brown 1 8\ Hamilton 701 4BR 1 8-Inch x 4-Feet Braided Show Nylon Dog Lead
- KESS InHouse Sylvia Coomes Shimmering Light Nature Photography Dog Bed, 50 x 40
- Auto Accessories Car Seat Cushion Seat Cover Seat Four Seasons General Flax Surrounded by A Five Seat Family, Purple
- Pet Cabin Four Seasons Washable Small Dog Indoor pet Supplies cat nest Kennel Villa
- S 16\ BESSIE AND BARNIE Mesh Deluxe bluee Sky Wolfhound Grey Shag Pet Dog Durable Crate Pad (Multiple Sizes)
- Top Paw I Run My World Dog DressX-Small
- Anima Zebra Print Dog Dress White XS
- 30 by 40\ Kess InHouse Original Let it Snow Metallic Typography Fleece Dog Bed, 30 by 40
- 365Cor(TM) Cute Halloween Dog Costume Pumpkin Dog Clothes Winter Fleece Warm Puppy Coat XSL
- Dog Toy Spherical Rubber Handle Hu Ding Training Bouncy Ball, Pet Supplies (color D)
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport